Since we talked about Chapters 2 & 3 this past Sunday, I'll post the discussion questions for both of those chapters here.
- What entranced Amber about Cash's singing? Do you think what she sees in Cash is what she has, or is she still trying to find that within herself?
- Although Cash's performance was bad, how do we know the story will keep going? What does Amber say to Cash to encourage him to continue? (page 26)
- Explain a time when you felt like Cash did after his performance. Are you the type of person where things come easily to you, or do you have to put in extra time/effort to figure it out?
- Throughout this chapter, grapefruit is the main course of 4 breakfasts (Leland/Cash, Amber, Diana, Horton), although Horton declines having that and opts for toast. Then 4 characters mention the restaurant Cap'n Jack's, where 3 of them plan to go, but Diana doesn't. What is the significance of this?
- What did you get from the daydream Cash had at the end of the chapter?
- What do you think the purpose of this chapter was?